We eat with our eyes as much with our mouths. I like to add greens to my smoothies but the color tends to overwhelm the blended ingredients creating a muddied look. The rainbow colors of my food are my favorite part of eating raw foods. This Berry Sunrise Smoothie recipe is just beautiful to look at as it is tasty.
One of the great things about dark berries is that the blue color is preserved, even with the addition of the greens. I added them to the dark layer and kept the yellowish-orange color of the pineapple mango layer for this pretty smoothie.
Berry Sunrise Smoothie
- Yield1 serving
- Energy472 cal
- 1 c almond milk
- ½ c pineapple, frozen
- ½ c mango, frozen
- 3 T hemp seed
- 1 T coconut oil or flax seed oil
- ½ c mixed berries, frozen
- ½ c kale or other greens
Blend the first five ingredients until smooth. Pour half of the mixture into a glass.
Blend in the berries and kale adding more liquid as needed.
Spoon berry mixture on top for a layered effect.
This berry sunrise smoothie recipe would have worked better if I had the patience to freeze the pineapple mixture for just a few minutes. It still tasted great!
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat31.37 g40.22%
- Saturated Fat12.74 g63.7%
- Polyunsaturated Fat12.37 g
- Monounsaturated Fat4.36 g
- Sodium184.41 mg8.02%
- Total Carbohydrate41.2 g14.98%
- Dietary Fiber5.98 g21.36%
- Total Sugars19.93 g
- Sugar Alcohal0.28 g
- Protein13.11 g26.22%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)100.8 IU12.6%
- Calcium559.27 mg43.02%
- Iron4.13 mg22.94%
- Potassium842.69 mg17.93%
- Vitamin A2640.5 mcg293.39%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)96.94 mg107.71%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)8.17 IU24.76%
- Vitamin K63.62 mcg53.02%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0.63 mg52.5%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0.28 mg21.54%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)4.2 mg26.25%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0.47 mg27.65%
- Folate110.85 mcg27.71%
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)0.78 mg15.6%
- Phosphorus549.01 mg43.92%
- Magnesium251.93 mg59.98%
- Zinc3.39 mg30.82%
- Selenium9.06 mcg16.47%
- Copper0.89 mg98.89%
- Manganese3.27 mg142.17%