I bought fresh black figs from Trader Joe’s this week and went online looking for some ideas for new ways to use them. The answer came in this recipe inspired by this blog post Roasted Kale, Fig & Avocado Salad. It is the perfect blend of sweet and savory… If you do not have baby kale, you can always used massaged kale in this salad.
Raw Kale, Fig and Avocado Salad
- Prep Time10 min
- Serving Size1-2 servings
- 1-5 oz. package of baby kale
- 1/2 large avocado, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 2-4 figs depending on the size, quartered
- 1/8 red onion, shaved
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- a pinch of chipotle in adobe
Wash and dry baby kale. Put in large bowl.
Top with avocado, figs and shaved red onion.
Blend oil, lime juice, chipotle, salt and pepper until emulsified.
Dress the greens and toss until well coated.