Chips and salsa. Yum. These chips may not be perfectly shaped but they are perfectly delicious…
Raw Tortilla Chips
- 3 cup fresh corn, from 2-4 ears of corn
- 1½ cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2½ tablespoon lime juice, plus a little zest if you like
- 1 tablespoon chopped red hot peppers (jalapenos, etc)
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, finely ground in a coffee mill
- ½ cup corn kernels (popcorn), finely ground in a coffee mill
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a blender, combine the fresh corn, bell pepper, onion, lime juice, and hot peppers. Blend until smooth.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground flax, sunflower seed, ground corn, salt, and spices. Add the blended corn to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Using a spatula, spread the mixture thinly onto Paraflexx or parchment paper -lined dehydrator trays. (If you have a 14 inch dehydrator, use three trays, with one and one-third cup of the mixture on each. If you have a 12 inch dehydrator, use four trays, with one cup of the mixture on each.)
Score the chips into triangles (or whatever) and sprinkle with a little more sea salt if you like. Dehydrate at 115 for 6-8 hours.
Then flip the chips over and dehydrate on the mesh screen, overnight or until completely dry.
Once the chips are dry, serve with salsa.