This brazil nut burger recipe is an occasional special treat. Brazil nuts make a simple but “meaty” burger. In the raw kitchen, raw nuts are a key ingredient. Each nut has a unique texture and flavor that brings something special to each dish.
The great thing about raw vegan burger recipes is that they are extremely versatile. The same recipe can be used to make meatballs for zoodles, a pate for sandwiches or a dip for veggies. Dehydrating the mixture gives it an appearance very similar to a hamburger.
Please beware that the umami, meaty flavor of this recipe comes from several quite salty ingredients. Taste the mix before dehydrating, it should be very undersalted or else the dehydrated patties will be inedible. If you find the final burger too salty, never fear, crumble and use for ground meat in sauces. Additional ingredients can mitigate the salt.
Brazil Nut Burger
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time6 hr
- Total Time6 hr 20 min
- Yield2 burgers
- Energy446 cal
- 1/2 c Brazil Nuts (soaked 4 hours and rinsed)
- 1/2 c sunflower seeds (soaked overnight and rinsed)
- 1/4 c fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 of a medium onion
- 1/2 T liquid aminos
- 1/2 T. miso paste
- 1/2 t Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 T fresh sage
- 1 T fresh rosemary
- 1-2 cloves garlic
Finely chop the Brazil nuts in a food processor, set them aside.
Blend all the remaining ingredients except the sunflower seeds in the food processor until finely chopped, then add the sunflower seeds and process until it makes a pate. Mix this with the brazil nuts.
Make patties and dehydrate them for a few hours until slightly crusty.
FYI, be careful with the aminos, miso and salt if you are dehydrating. The pate should be undersalted before dehydrating or else the finished burgers will be very salty.
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat40.81 g52.32%
- Saturated Fat7 g35%
- Trans Fat0.01 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat16.4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat14.49 g
- Sodium914.42 mg39.76%
- Total Carbohydrate14.75 g5.36%
- Dietary Fiber6.15 g21.96%
- Total Sugars3.2 g
- Sugar Alcohal0.12 g
- Protein13.7 g27.4%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0.84 IU0.11%
- Calcium92.15 mg7.09%
- Iron4.3 mg23.89%
- Potassium520.81 mg11.08%
- Vitamin A44.96 mcg5%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)3.11 mg3.46%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)14.25 IU43.18%
- Vitamin K0.11 mcg0.09%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0.75 mg62.5%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0.19 mg14.62%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)3.49 mg21.81%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0.57 mg33.53%
- Folate92.43 mcg23.11%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)0.01 mcg0.42%
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)0.68 mg13.6%
- Phosphorus491.52 mg39.32%
- Magnesium242.52 mg57.74%
- Zinc3.23 mg29.36%
- Selenium657.57 mcg1195.58%
- Copper1.26 mg140%
- Manganese1.17 mg50.87%